- Fishbeam Cloud
- Data Tape 3
- Fishbeam Basic Clips 2.5
- Fishbeam Mountain Clips 2.5
- Fishbeam Xmas Clips 2.5
The following apps and services are fully compatible with macOS Catalina:
macOS Catalina currently has a bug that can lead to a crash when using the color chooser in Goldfish 4. If you are a user of Goldfish you should wait with an update to macOS Catalina or install the current beta version. This will bypass the buggy color chooser and displays another one instead.
If you purchased Goldfish from the Mac App Store and want to use the beta version, you need a license key. In this case, please contact Fishbeam Support.
Users have been enjoying the benefits of Goldfish for a long time, but now the app has been officially awarded with a price for outstanding, innovative and easy-to-use apps. Among the many nominated apps, all written in XOJO (an widely known cross-platform programming language for apps), Goldfish stood out and won the 2019 XOJO Design Award in the Best Consumer App category.
Award ceremony in Miami, USA
The award ceremony was part of the XOJO Developer Conference in Miami Florida, which is the premier event for XOJO software developers. Our app Goldfish, that allows you to develop and publish high quality websites quickly and without any programming knowledge, also convinced the jury of experts.
Complete Package for Web Developers
Goldfish is the perfect design tool for web developers and designers who want to quickly design and publish websites without any programming knowledge. As a designer, Goldfish lets you completely realize your ideas, as Goldfish websites do not have to be squeezed into a pre-built and limited template. In addition, Goldfish keeps you up to date with the latest and most innovative techniques such as HTML5, webfonts and more. You create the design, we create the technology behind and make sure that your website looks good on all devices.
The XOJO Design Award 2019 helps us to continue with spending our energy and soul into the further development of Goldfish and to provide you as a web developer with the latest and best technologies for Goldfish websites. You are invited to discover the benefits of Goldfish now: Download and test the app for free and without obligation: https://www.fishbeam.com/en/goldfish/
With personal support, the Fishbeam Cloud and our Fishbeam Clips libraries, we also offer a full all-round service for your online presence, beyond just creating websites with Goldfish.
Improvements in Goldfish 4.5.2:
- Publish: Fixed an internal error that could occur after publishing to the Fishbeam Cloud.
- The code tab no longer puts code at the wrong place in some cases.
- Button: Buttons are no longer displayed at the wrong position in the preview or exported website, depending on the line height.
- Publish: For multiple nested projects in one (possible through external folders), Goldfish will no longer swap "goldfish_info.txt" files.
- Form: Notes are now displayed correctly in the editor.
- Form: Now a maximum number of characters can be set for the elements "Text" and "Multiline".
- Form: It is now possible that the text field can be resized by the user for the element "Multiline".
- Fixed display problems of the buttons in the "Font Style" and "Import Media" windows.
- Better rendering of transparent SVG images in the editor.
- Animation: New event "When coming out of view" to start an animation.
- Animation: New property "Run only once" to start an animation.
- Link window: For links to area templates, the entry "Current area" has been replaced by "Current page". You can select animations and objects from all area templates to create cross-section links.
- Improved presentation in the editor.
- Newsletter Blog: An error when displaying pictures in the newsletter has been fixed.
- Error when sending emails fixed in the newsletter blog, form, onlineshop.
- Fixed a bug with absolute file paths.
- The code tab no longer forgets the code position in some cases.
- A missing page address is now asked when publishing and not when creating the website.
- Improved presentation in the "Build Error" window.
- A missing page address will now automatically collected from the Fishbeam Cloud.
- The web server will now be checked: Does the internet address point to the location of the website on the server? Is PHP running? Is the PHP version too old?
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when editing value lists.
- Added buttons for adding and deleting values in the Edit Value List window.
- New window for embedding fonts in the project properties.
- Windows: Fixed several bugs with connections to the Fishbeam server (update, registration, Fishbeam Cloud, sending error logs).
- YouTube videos on Windows: Fixed display errors when loading the preview image into the editor.
- Editor under Windows: Display errors eliminated.
- Windows: The Fishbeam clips load again in the 64-bit app in all cases correctly.
- Drag & Drop under Windows improved.
- Dialogs while creating the website and loading images will be more fluid.
- Windows: Fixed several bugs that could lead to a crash.
Goldfish 4.5.2 is a free update for all existing Goldfish 4 users. Information and download:
PS: The update will soon appear in the Mac App Store.
The Google Fonts service provides free fonts for websites that are not installed on the user's device. If you want to use fonts other than standard fonts (Arial, Helvetica, etc.) on your website, this service is essential. Since the fonts are delivered directly from Google, the IP address of the user is transferred to Google. According to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) this may not be allowed. A basic judgment is still pending.
In Goldfish version 4.5.1 or higher, you can integrate fonts directly and deliver them from your own web server. This is allowed under the GDPR in any case. Learn how to use embedded fonts instead of Google Fonts in Goldfish 4.5.1:
- In Goldfish Version 4.5.2 or higher, click on "PROJECT" in the upper left to view the project properties.
- At "Embedded Fonts", click on "Select ...".
- Go to the "google-webfonts-helper" page via the link displayed in Goldfish.
- Find the font you want to embed, e.g. "Mali".
- Enable the desired font variants, e.g. 200, 200italic, regular, italic, 600 and 600italic.
- Make sure that "Best Support" is active and click on "Download files".
- Click "+" on the bottom left and create an entry with the appropriate style for each font variant. For example "Mali" (style "Regular"), "Mali" (style "Italic"), "Mali" (style "Bold") and "Mali" (style "Bold, italic").
- There is no corresponding font style in Goldfish for the font variants "200" and "200italic". Because of this, create "Mali Light" (style "Regular") and "Mali Light" (style "Italic").
For each created font variant, you need to select the appropriate font files. Select each font variant in the list on the left:
- Click "+" below the empty list on the right and select "Add individual files ..."
- Go to the folder with the font files and select all associated files (multiple selection with cmd + click or shift + click).
For our example, these are:
Mali (Bold, italic)
Mali Light (Regular)
Mali Light (Italic)
Improvements in Goldfish 4.5.1:
- The blog accepts \ and ' characters in the user interface text properties.
- The background color of the drawer from the drawer menu can now be switched off and the transparency can be changed.
- The verification of registration codes has been improved.
- Animations keep their name when copy and paste, if the name does not already exist on the page.
- Improvements in the graphical representation in the project window.
- Animation: "Open Link" works again in all cases.
- Link to item: It will now be gently scrolled in all cases instead jumped.
- The release notes now show the quotation marks „ and “.
- Create Website: Fixed a bug where the wrong warning "Components from Goldfish Professional included" appeared.
Goldfish 4.5.1 is a free update for all existing Goldfish 4 users. Information and download: