- Publish: Fixed an internal error that could occur after publishing to the Fishbeam Cloud.
- The code tab no longer puts code at the wrong place in some cases.
- Button: Buttons are no longer displayed at the wrong position in the preview or exported website, depending on the line height.
- Publish: For multiple nested projects in one (possible through external folders), Goldfish will no longer swap "goldfish_info.txt" files.
- Form: Notes are now displayed correctly in the editor.
- Form: Now a maximum number of characters can be set for the elements "Text" and "Multiline".
- Form: It is now possible that the text field can be resized by the user for the element "Multiline".
- Fixed display problems of the buttons in the "Font Style" and "Import Media" windows.
- Better rendering of transparent SVG images in the editor.
- Animation: New event "When coming out of view" to start an animation.
- Animation: New property "Run only once" to start an animation.
- Link window: For links to area templates, the entry "Current area" has been replaced by "Current page". You can select animations and objects from all area templates to create cross-section links.
- Improved presentation in the editor.
- Newsletter Blog: An error when displaying pictures in the newsletter has been fixed.
- Error when sending emails fixed in the newsletter blog, form, onlineshop.
- Fixed a bug with absolute file paths.
- The code tab no longer forgets the code position in some cases.
- A missing page address is now asked when publishing and not when creating the website.
- Improved presentation in the "Build Error" window.
- A missing page address will now automatically collected from the Fishbeam Cloud.
- The web server will now be checked: Does the internet address point to the location of the website on the server? Is PHP running? Is the PHP version too old?
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when editing value lists.
- Added buttons for adding and deleting values in the Edit Value List window.
- New window for embedding fonts in the project properties.
- Windows: Fixed several bugs with connections to the Fishbeam server (update, registration, Fishbeam Cloud, sending error logs).
- YouTube videos on Windows: Fixed display errors when loading the preview image into the editor.
- Editor under Windows: Display errors eliminated.
- Windows: The Fishbeam clips load again in the 64-bit app in all cases correctly.
- Drag & Drop under Windows improved.
- Dialogs while creating the website and loading images will be more fluid.
- Windows: Fixed several bugs that could lead to a crash.
Improvements in Goldfish 4.5.2:
Goldfish 4.5.2 is a free update for all existing Goldfish 4 users. Information and download:
PS: The update will soon appear in the Mac App Store.
The Google Fonts service provides free fonts for websites that are not installed on the user's device. If you want to use fonts other than standard fonts (Arial, Helvetica, etc.) on your website, this service is essential. Since the fonts are delivered directly from Google, the IP address of the user is transferred to Google. According to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) this may not be allowed. A basic judgment is still pending.
In Goldfish version 4.5.1 or higher, you can integrate fonts directly and deliver them from your own web server. This is allowed under the GDPR in any case. Learn how to use embedded fonts instead of Google Fonts in Goldfish 4.5.1:
- In Goldfish Version 4.5.2 or higher, click on "PROJECT" in the upper left to view the project properties.
- At "Embedded Fonts", click on "Select ...".
- Go to the "google-webfonts-helper" page via the link displayed in Goldfish.
- Find the font you want to embed, e.g. "Mali".
- Enable the desired font variants, e.g. 200, 200italic, regular, italic, 600 and 600italic.
- Make sure that "Best Support" is active and click on "Download files".
- Click "+" on the bottom left and create an entry with the appropriate style for each font variant. For example "Mali" (style "Regular"), "Mali" (style "Italic"), "Mali" (style "Bold") and "Mali" (style "Bold, italic").
- There is no corresponding font style in Goldfish for the font variants "200" and "200italic". Because of this, create "Mali Light" (style "Regular") and "Mali Light" (style "Italic").
For each created font variant, you need to select the appropriate font files. Select each font variant in the list on the left:
- Click "+" below the empty list on the right and select "Add individual files ..."
- Go to the folder with the font files and select all associated files (multiple selection with cmd + click or shift + click).
For our example, these are:
Mali (Bold, italic)
Mali Light (Regular)
Mali Light (Italic)
Improvements in Data Tape 3.1:
- Fishbeam News: The Windows version now shows the news in the correct size.
- Data Tape now supports the Dark Mode of macOS.
- Added badge to the upgrade icon.
- Added new dialog boxes for adverting Data Tape Pro.
- "Window" menu added.
- Added release notes.
- Connections to Fishbeam via https:// (news, updates, etc.) now use current libraries.
- Fishbeam News: The news can now be displayed in full screen mode.
- The main window now remembers the current dimensions and restores them after a restart.
- The verification of registration codes has been improved.
- The Mac version of Data Tape now requires at least macOS 10.10.5.
Data Tape 3.1 can be downloaded for free and used free of charge in the basic version. Information and download: http://www.fishbeam.com/en/datatape/download.php
PS: The free update to Data Tape 3.1 will soon appear in the Mac App Store.
We Use Green Electricity
Our office, which also includes computers for software development and support, uses 100% renewable electricity. The servers for the Fishbeam Cloud are in a data center that also uses 100% renewable electricity, mostly hydropower in Scandinavian hydroelectric power plants.
We Avoid Plastic Packaging
As a company, it is important for us to avoid unnecessary packaging waste. Therefore, we pack only where it is really necessary. For example our printed manuals come without additional plastic wrapping. For shipping, we also use only environmentally friendly packaging made of cardboard and paper, which can be 100% recycled.
Recycling via The Dual System
It is important for us that our packaging can be recycled as completely as possible. Since 2019 we participate in the dual system of Veolia Umweltservice GmbH. As an important contribution to environmental protection, this ensures that our packaging is recycled. To do this, simply return your cardboard packaging to your respective waste paper collection point or use the recycle bin provided by your local authority.
Further information on environmental protection at Fishbeam Software can be found here: https://www.fishbeam.com/en/company/environment.php