Data Tape 3.0 Released
Improvements in Data Tape 3.0:
- Data Tape 3 is free in the basic version.
- Paid upgrade to Data Tape Pro with advanced features.
- There is now also a version for Windows.
- New layout and retina graphics on high-resolution screens.
- Data Tape is now a 64-bit instead of 32-bit app and works with larger data.
- All connections to the Fishbeam Server (error submission, news, update search, links to fishbeam.com) are now encrypted with "https".
- Data Tape does the ".zip" compression before splitting itself now and no longer uses the subssystem of macOS for this.
- ".zip" archives can be password protected.
- Data Tape can now automatically unpack ".zip" archives and does no longer forward this task to third-party apps.
- Data Tape can now compress files without breaking them up into segments.
- Files can be unpacked without being segments.
- The Mac version is a Cocoa app instead of Carbon app for better integration with macOS.
- Renaming: Data Tape is no longer called Data Glue.
In addition there are improvements at almost all other parts. Data Tape 3 is completely revised and redesigned.
Data Tape 3 can be downloaded for free and used free of charge in the basic version. Information and download: http://www.fishbeam.com/en/datatape/download.php