Fishbeam releases the final version of Data Tape 3.1 for download today. Data Tape 3.1. offers important improvements such as the support of the dark mode of macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Improvements in Data Tape 3.1:
- Fishbeam News: The Windows version now shows the news in the correct size.
- Data Tape now supports the Dark Mode of macOS.
- Added badge to the upgrade icon.
- Added new dialog boxes for adverting Data Tape Pro.
- "Window" menu added.
- Added release notes.
- Connections to Fishbeam via https:// (news, updates, etc.) now use current libraries.
- Fishbeam News: The news can now be displayed in full screen mode.
- The main window now remembers the current dimensions and restores them after a restart.
- The verification of registration codes has been improved.
- The Mac version of Data Tape now requires at least macOS 10.10.5.
PS: The free update to Data Tape 3.1 will soon appear in the Mac App Store.
Published in DataTape, Mac, Utilities, Compression on 18/02/2019 01:12 pm.
Fishbeam releases the final version of Data Tape 3.0 for download today. With Data Tape 3 we have completely reworked the software. Data Tape is now free in the basic version.
Improvements in Data Tape 3.0:
- Data Tape 3 is free in the basic version.
- Paid upgrade to Data Tape Pro with advanced features.
- There is now also a version for Windows.
- New layout and retina graphics on high-resolution screens.
- Data Tape is now a 64-bit instead of 32-bit app and works with larger data.
- All connections to the Fishbeam Server (error submission, news, update search, links to fishbeam.com) are now encrypted with "https".
- Data Tape does the ".zip" compression before splitting itself now and no longer uses the subssystem of macOS for this.
- ".zip" archives can be password protected.
- Data Tape can now automatically unpack ".zip" archives and does no longer forward this task to third-party apps.
- Data Tape can now compress files without breaking them up into segments.
- Files can be unpacked without being segments.
- The Mac version is a Cocoa app instead of Carbon app for better integration with macOS.
- Renaming: Data Tape is no longer called Data Glue.
In addition there are improvements at almost all other parts. Data Tape 3 is completely revised and redesigned.
Published in DataTape, Mac, Utilities, Compression on 20/04/2018 10:31 am.